Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What is SEO - Myth or Reality? Some Thoughts on Search Engine Optimization

What is SEO? Rich Person you ever though about what you are trying to accomplish with hunt engine optimization, and what you were doing with your website to accomplish it? Rich Person you never wondered if there were better ways to acquire to where you desire to be as a consequence of SEO?

I have got – frequently. And I have got looked closely at what I am doing with my website and whether or not it betters it. In fact, it is not your website that your have to optimize, but each individual web page. I have got got come up to the decision that as Google, in particular, make alterations to their demands in order that you acquire a high listing – Oregon listed at all for that substance – the less I have to make to optimize my website.

In fact, when I look closely, what I do in SEO these years is simply common sense, and what I should be doing is to plan my land site to the advantage of my customers. I have got had people compose to me proclaiming to be SEO experts and criticizing my bad HTML. 'Crap' it was called by one, yet my website with 'crap' hypertext markup language is higher in the hunt engine lists that theirs. Perhaps they can't happen the right keywords, but they are the experts.

So hypertext markup language is not important. We are told that Meta tags are no longer important. So what is left? Ensuring that each page's statute title is the same as the keyword it is written unit of ammunition – well, that is just common sense. That is what I would make anyway, so that my visitants would cognize what the page was about. I should also set these in H1 tags. Ok, that's simple to do. Nothing mystical there.

What else? Oh, yes. The keyword density. Surprise, surprise, the ideal is to have got your keyword once in the first 100 fictional characters and again in the last paragraph of a page with 400 – 500 words. Any more than words than that, then set it in once again. Don't believe anybody that states you that you must have got 1% - 3% keyword density. That agency 5 – 15 keywords in a 500 word page! That's old chapeau and a fast manner to seek engine oblivion. These years are over.

There's not much left of classical SEO to worry about. The two major league that I have got left to see are internal and external linking strategies. Let's expression at external golf course first. They are important, and Google have got stated so, but for how long? There are rumours that back-links are going to go less of import since content is now taking 2nd topographic point to artificially formed links.

At one time, Google looked upon golf course back to your land land site from another as a mark that your site was considered to be an authorization on the subject. I will utilize the word 'site', but it should really be 'page' since the Google term is PageRank, and mentions to individual web pages, not complete web sites. And rightly so, because if a website thought that your content would be utile to their readers then they would supply them with a nexus to your relevant web page.

Now, however, golf course are artificially generated, sometimes software system generated, and are effectively useless since, although they look on a website, they make so from a so-called 'links' page that is full of nil but multitude of links. Now, the very websites that golf course and good keyword denseness were meant to jostle off the web are now appearing back at the top of the listings. No content but multitude of links. Google cognize this, and will likely take some action against it.

Internal linking is a separate subject, and one on which I specialize. The agreement of your web pages, and designing of your internal linking, are critical to achieving good lists on hunt engines. Not only your internal linking strategy, but also the designing of each individual page. There are certain land sites that volition not acquire into the top 10 without extremist changes, and I have got one or two of them owed to the content that I desire on each land site and the mathematical function that I desire them to serve. Eventually they will as I increase the figure of pages, but for the meantime I am not too bothered. I acquire plenty of traffic anyway.

So that got me to thought again. Why should Iodine trouble oneself much with SEO if all I demand do is to plan my website logically and make certain that my internal golf course supply the best possible service to my visitors, without confusing them with tons of options on each page?

Why should I trouble oneself with all these unreal golf course if I can acquire good golf course and tons of traffic through article marketing? And then I realized that I had no demand of the golf course purely as an external SEO tool; i.e. to supply me with better Google PageRank, because I was getting plentifulness of traffic anyway through people clicking on my golf course in my articles, or resource boxes.

So I decided not to! I am now going to run a few political campaigns with no SEO at all other than the obvious ways of providing my visitants with a good service when they see my website. Then I will happen the truth about the matter. What is SEO: myth or reality?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home